Some amazing figures have recently been revealed about children and phones. According to the UK government’s Money Advice Service national survey, conducted among 2,000 UK parents of children aged six to 16 years old, children as young as six will not leave the house without a smartphone.
Here’s some staggering facts for you revealed through the survey :
* £1billion – The value of electronic gadgets,such as iPads, smartphones and MP3 players, taken by children to UK schools each day (almost one in ten six to ten-year-olds takes an electronic tablet to school).
* 57% of 11-16-year-olds take a smartphone to school.
* 16% of parents have personal possessions insurance covering all the contents of a school bag.
* £122 – The average value of gadgets inside a UK school bag.
* 80% of mothers and 72% of fathers believe it is not necessary to insure their child’s school-bag contents.
We’ve teamed up with Gadget-Cover.com to offer great rates and cover for mobile phones. This includes all types of smartphone and iPhone. It’s not just phones we can cover – you can add tablets, cameras and games consoles too! The more gadgets you cover, the lower the cost. Plus, Gadget-Cover.com are currently giving you the first months cover for free on selected policies! Click on the link below for a quote, it only takes seconds and could save you a fortune in the long term.