Liquidators have been appointed to take over the running of Enterprise Insurance Company (EIC), and they remain in negotiations with the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme regarding the future plan for those customers who are affected. The FSCS has confirmed that Enterprise Insurance as being ‘in default’, which means they are unable to guarantee that they can indemnify claims.
Some of our customers may be insured with Enterprise Insurance through Orbit Underwriting – please check your existing certificate or policy wording for confirmation.
The current situation regarding customers cover with Enterprise Insurance is as follows :
- All policies remain in force, as do all policy terms and conditions
- No changes to the policy can currently be processed (changes of vehicle, drivers etc)
- No current policies can be renewed with Enterprise Insurance
- Payments for existing claims are suspended until further notice
- New claims to be reported as per the policy wording
At the present time, your policy is still in force – the current situation of Enterprise Insurance does not terminate or cancel your insurance contract. We will contact you immediately should this situation change, and if you currently pay your premium via Direct Debit then you should continue with payments as normal.
If you have any queries, or would like further information regarding the above or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, don’t hesitate to contact our Taxi Department on 0191 519 1333 or email us through email@example.com.